Thoughts of a Prairie Homemaker

Since I was asked if I blogged I decided to play with it and see what I came up with.This is a collection of my thoughts on a day to day basis. I hope it entertains or enlightens you even a little!

Friday, October 21, 2005

Things I am enjoying lately

1) reading Created to be his helpmeet by Debi Pearl

She gives bible study life, not a boring lecture type book but fill with humor and love. A++++

2) Gorgeous cooler temps, highs in the 80s last week and high 70s this one

3) Having an electric bill under $200!

4) Sitting on the porch at night in my rocker dreaming with my MJ

5) Watching the butterflies hover over the wild grass flowers

6) Listening to the horse neigh down the road, the goats bleating next door and the cows across the way.

7) Sharing a cup of coffee mid morning with my youngest son

8) Sending MJ off each morning with a decent breakfast

9) Snuggling in the cold (all windows open) room at night with my MJ

10) Keeping home in my little house, I love every nook!

11) Sharing life with the husband God gave me (or as Judy says on her blog, THGGM, I love that!)

These are just a few of the things I love about my life here on the Texas prairie!

Kayla asked about my sewing machine, MJ promises to look at it tonight, I am sure he can fix it! I have been assured by a friend who knows such things it ought not be a motor problem.

MJ got a neat surprise the other day. I got an email from one of the local groups I am on. The lady was offering a dell pc! Only 2 years old! Included dell all in one printer and everything! So he took off at lunch Wednesday to go get it, and boy does he love it!

Chris has recovered from his asthma, and we are so glad to have him home! He is learning to do graphic art on his pc, he is very good already! He has an innate artistic ability, and it just flat amazes and awes me!

Drew is involved in school, and having a decent time of it, he is enjoying it almost as much as I did back in my day!

MJ’s work schedule is picking up and we are missing him, but glad to get the extra cash to take care of some items.

I have been reading the blogs of friends and one in particular always up lifts me, even in difficulty she has a cheerful out look.

I have decided to list a few of my fave blogs here, since I ran out of room over there>>>>>

So here goes:

http://smarshmallow.blogspot.com/

this is Candi I love her outlook!

http://judyh58.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_judyh58_archive.html

I love the peeks into Judy’s life, she is also very uplifting! Check out the pics of baby superman!

http://likemerchantships.blogspot.com/

Check out Meredith’s blog and learn how to do great things with next to nothing!

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SitcomMom/

I love Gina’s tongue in cheek humor!

There are more I read but these are the cream of the crop!

I hope you enjoy them! Drop me a note and let me know what you think!

Oh and I got an email about a contest for the 10 top mom sites to be featured on DR Phil. So I went to the site, and checked out the list. I found that all but 2 seemed to be some sort of money maker sites, either to get moms to send money to “work from home” or selling stuff the owner set up. Only2 were to my mind truly sites geared to help moms, and from what I heard from a friend who joined one and went to check it out it was pretty dead, 92 rooms and only 12 with activity. (She did it for me, so I knew whether or not to recommend it to others! I think not)

My picks for the show would have been:

Fishing for deals, not a Christian based site, but Christina does a great job keeping things safe!

http://www.fishingfordeals.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat

Frugal Families

A site full of ideas and wonderful friends!

http://www.frugal-families.com/

Hearth and Home

Built my one of my long time friends, it is a friendly site for Christian women.

http://hearthandhome.proboards44.com/index.cgi

There are others, but this is getting long so I will post them later!

I love all these sites but rarely have time to visit them anymore!

Please let me know what you think!

Well I need to make muffins!

Hugs

mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home