Thoughts of a Prairie Homemaker

Since I was asked if I blogged I decided to play with it and see what I came up with.This is a collection of my thoughts on a day to day basis. I hope it entertains or enlightens you even a little!

Monday, October 24, 2005

Monday, 10-24-05

Monday!

Well it is decidedly chilly this morning! Stiffness from my “sliding in to home” as MJ says kept me from getting up and about at 5. I won’t let it do so again though cuz I MISSED getting up at that insane hour and wishing my men-folk good day! I missed getting them a hot meal too!

Today will be busy, there are 2 load of laundry to do, my bedroom/office/sewing room needs a major over haul, the kitchen is minus any clean dishes, and if there is energy after that, the bathroom needs a deep cleaning!

During my breaks, I will be typing up some genealogy stuff to send to a new found cousin. I will also post more of my favorite links that help keep me focused on my goals, plus I think they are fun to read!

I used to work in 15s, and set up a yahoo group on that premise, but now I lean more to 20s or even 30s depending on the job. I do not recommend stretching beyond 15s for beginners; I found when beginning my journey to an organized, pleasant home, I was easily overwhelmed. There was so much to do, (there still is it just doesn't overwhelm me as much!) and got flustered just trying to make the list. Now I do not claim to have arrived at the goal, I have just gotten better along my journey!

OK now for links I read a lot.

Daily blogs continued.

http://armyoffive.blogspot.com/

Though Miss Kayla has not updated in what seems FOREVER!!!

http://homeschoolblogger.com/quiverfull/

Though I do not home school nor do I have daughters I love reading this ladies site.

another message board that I enjoy, when I get a chance to go visit

http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/

Crystal has a wonderful site, lots of information, and a store, plus message boards. Crystal herself impresses me; she answers questions freely, and doesn’t view other message boards as competition, rather as sharing in the gift of Christian bonding!

Miscellaneous sites I visit

http://www.genealogy.com/index_n.html

Lots of info for the beginner to advance family historian

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/index.htm

Miss Maggie is one of my closest friends and I totally adore her!

Well that is it for today, my timer dinged and nothing else gets done while I sit here yakkin!

Hugs y’all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home