Thoughts of a Prairie Homemaker

Since I was asked if I blogged I decided to play with it and see what I came up with.This is a collection of my thoughts on a day to day basis. I hope it entertains or enlightens you even a little!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

For today..


Well I woke to rain today! I love rain, though it meant no laundry. It is nice and cool in the house too!

I got some neat genealogy info the last few days, always fun!

I decided today to sew, since we had some lightening and heavy rain about. So I went and finished the repairs I needed to do. Just as I finished fixin’ Chris’s jeans, my machine thunked. Then it stopped. Now it won’t do anything, it doesn’t hum, it doesn’t rattle, it is for now, a large heavy glorified night light. I am hoping my MJ can figure out and fix the trouble when he gets home tonight. Or at least pinpoint it so we can begin working towards repairs! I have 5 aprons to sew, and finally found a day free of worry over Chris, and no more drama over if he would soon be home or not, and it thunked. I need it fixed asap too, cuz I want to sew now that life has settled back down and I am not afraid I will sew my fingers into the aprons!

I am reading a discussion on my web site about the Duggers family… why is it anyone’s business how many children they have? Now I admit I have not thought a huge deal on it. I am adamant that abortion is wrong. I also however think if God closes a womb it is not a doctors prerogative to open it. It is not right to mess with life, God is the only one who truly understands how the miracle works. Just because we CAN do something does not always make it a good idea. I trust God had a solid reason for not allowing me the 6 children I desired. He gave me two wonderful boys, and I have learned to be content with that. He did bring other children into my life on a temporary basis, and I hope I provided what ever it was he sent them to me for. How ever, it is none of MY business who wishes to do what. The only thing that bugs me is folks who go the large family route and then do expect the government to help pick up the tab. No I do not mean in education, but depending on government programs to provide food and such gives the government the … ability to butt into ones life. I personally do not want them in my life. I think in too many ways people have allowed the government to become a replacement for God, and family, and if this nation is to keep going, that trend needs to be stopped and reversed. Fast!

I know I am a very conservative person (some say I make the right look left) and many will not agree with me. That is fine, we each have our own path, and I am following mine!

Now my eyes are tired and it is near supper so I bid you all good afternoon!

Hugs

mel

1 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger ~Kayla~ said…

    Sooooo..... do we have a working sewing machine yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home