Thoughts of a Prairie Homemaker

Since I was asked if I blogged I decided to play with it and see what I came up with.This is a collection of my thoughts on a day to day basis. I hope it entertains or enlightens you even a little!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Well!

Well, we got another letter from my darlin boy #2. Apparently 2 recruits in his platoon refuse to obey the instructors. So, as is the policy, the entire platoon gets punished due to the mess ups of these 2 guys!

On top of this, he is getting ill, seriously so! He says he is doing his best but he still feels it was a mistake to join and he is looking forward to getting done and out. (4 years)

Well after we got the letter, about 430 last night we got a call. My darling boy #2 is really sick, it seems the Marines did not get a really good family history. They asked us if anyone here has asthma… well yeah, MJ had it as a kid, Darlin boy #1 had it as a kid, and I developed it as an adult when DB#1 was about 2. So DB#2 is on his way to MRP and then the Naval hospital, because if it is asthma, they do not want him and will send him home and he should be here in 2 -3 weeks! Now I have never considered asthma as an answer to prayer, but in this case I think it just might be!

To me that sounds like an awful thing to say but after rereading all of his letters, we have gotten 4, he did make a serious mistake, no he is not panicked about it now and has accepted that he must live with it, but he knows in himself it was a mistake. He is just not Marine material. Could he mentally make it though boot? Yes he could, mentally he probably excels, and in drills and motor skills he is probably well off as well, it is the heavy stuff he has trouble with, and perhaps that is why his asthma never was uncovered here. We don’t have 100 lb packs and 3 mile hikes to do, just easy stuff like mowing the grass and takin out trash. In any case, he said he hopes our prayers work for him because everything he has prayed for has turned against him. I feel so badly for him! So I will pray for God’s will, and hope that in this case His will is as mine is, and my DB will soon be home!

On the home front, we have decided to sell the boat, we figure I can’t drive it anyway, and DB#1 it seems has other plans, so why not sell it and put the money either into a “bubble” car for me or into the van, get the ac fixed and such. $400 for a decent running, though UGLY car is not so bad.

Skeeter’s vet trip has been moved to Monday, I am just not long enough to drive the van, and MJ will go in late Monday in order to take him, or perhaps he will drop him off tomorrow, either way he will get done on Monday!

Today is such a lazy day for me I just have no energy, no drive to do anything! I want a large meal I think, steak or roast… to bad all I have his ground beef! Lol It is hard to get my mind around the possibility of not going to CA in Nov or Dec. though I will enjoy not making the trip. I lived in CA for 10 years and I have no desire to ever return, though DB is definitely worth the sacrifice!

I just went outside to move the car, and it is so nice out! I stayed out and weeded a little and watered, cleaned out the car and cleared some recent junk off the porch. I do think today I will wash the rest of the free cycle jars, I try to grab a few each time I go outside. We use the wide mouth mayonnaise jars as drinking glasses and there are several more out there!

Well I am off to join the wonderful world of little house and see what happens next to Caroline and her family.

Hugs y’all have an awesome day!

mel

2 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Hope all works out for your Boy! Enjoy your day!

    Jenn

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Meredith said…

    I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. --Lamentations 3:55-56

    I'm so glad you may have an answer to prayer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home