Thoughts of a Prairie Homemaker

Since I was asked if I blogged I decided to play with it and see what I came up with.This is a collection of my thoughts on a day to day basis. I hope it entertains or enlightens you even a little!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Is it possible?

Is it possible to catch a cold online? Probably not, must be MJ then he has been feeling under the weather for a week, and suddenly last night, I got hit with sinus pain and sore throat! It could be an allergy to the weeds I pulled by the fence last night, but I don’t know. I took one of those cold and sinus pills and now I have a sinus headache, sore throat AND I have felt sleepy and loopy all the blessed day!

There still is no word from DB#2 we hope he is feeling better though. I miss my boy's ready grin, I hope he has not lost it!

I did get it together this morning and made stew for supper. I have no bell peppers for it, but we can live. I can not believe it is peak of harvest and they are still .58c each! I really hope my plans for the garden work next spring, I do not like depending on the store from my fresh and frozen items!

DB#! Has a government project he is working on with his group. They intend to dress up like poor folks, ripped clothes and such and ask folks in the mall questions on voting laws. They intend to make a video out of this… it sounds interesting, strange too.

I am reading a book recommended by a lady on my message board called Ellie, I got it yesterday. It is pretty good, better than the Beverly Lewis books. I can’t read those they irk me. So far this one has not done that. The story is of a young Amish girl and her family. This book is the first in the series and if I enjoy it I will find the others, in sequence and read them as well. It is by Mary Christner Borntrager. Normally I am more a Jannette Oke fan, or the little house books (I have 1 Martha year, and all the Caroline through Rose years. I am really hoping for more Caroline years!) I like the pioneer stories and am not into modern fiction at all. Though a few caught my fancy.

It is funny now in the afternoons I hear the school busses come by and I no longer have any boys on them! My youngest is now an adult!

Well I suppose I ought to go finish up a few small kitchen chores. MJ and BD#1 will be home about 530 for supper. Then we will watch some tv and I will knit or read while we do. I love our evenings together, even if one is missing, and I hope he is soon to return!

Hugs y’all have a wonderful evening!

mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home