Thoughts of a Prairie Homemaker

Since I was asked if I blogged I decided to play with it and see what I came up with.This is a collection of my thoughts on a day to day basis. I hope it entertains or enlightens you even a little!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Wow what to say....

I was asked today why I have not yet written a book. While I pondered the answer I thought of many “reasons” I am not wise enough. I am not good enough. Then I began to wonder, what if folks could learn a thing or two from me though I am neither wise nor good? Do I have enough to offer to fit into a book? How does one begin the writing of a book anyway? Where would my book fit? Would it be Christian enough for the Christians? Informative enough for those who are not Christians? I have to admit the idea intrigues me. What if I write about the same things as Prairie Homemaker is about? Faith, Family and Frugality, would anyone wish to read it? Well besides the lady who asked why it wasn’t written yet.

Now the question becomes where to begin? What is actually the beginning of my journey? I seem to have some radical ideas as far as the religious folks are concerned, while at the same time I am viewed as too religious by those who aren’t moved by Faith.

So I suppose I ought to begin by telling a bit about myself. My name is Mel, short for Melissa. I shortened it because I was tired of being called Melanie, Michelle, and Melody, one poor lady even called me Martha for awhile. All of those are lovely names, they just do not happen to be MY name!

My interests run a huge gamut. I enjoy reading, writing, gardening, cooking, sewing, knitting and helping others. I have worked for pay. Now I work at caring for my home, my MJ, and our cats. Our sons are older, one is in his first year of college, and the other is in Marine boot camp.

Reading here it is quite possible you will learn more about me than you ever care to. My views are a bit off to some it seems.

I run a Christian web site, based on Faith, Family and Frugality I believe these values go hand in hand with each other. I head cover, and wear only dresses; this is a fairly new adventure for me, having been convicted to do this just over a year ago. I also own 4 yahoo groups, 2 open to everyone and 2 open to folks who live in my vicinity.

One thing you need to know up front. Though I am a Christian, I am far from perfect. I will mess up, oh my how I will mess up! I will however be honest, even if it pains me to be so. I do try to be nice and treat all with respect, but some days my evil twin does sneak out and I let go a mean comment or 5.

I ask that on those days you bear with me, and remember that though Christian, I am still human, and not as good a one as I ought to be, I am after all still learning, just like everyone else.

One of the things that has become a some what obsessive thing with me lately is organization and home keeping. I do my work and my play in 15 minute cycles and have a yahoo group based on this concept. I did try fly lady, and she just did not flip my switch. However the 15 minute thing intrigued me and so I kept it and tossed the rest. Once I discovered the trick, I can do anything FOR 15, not IN 15, I was off and running (barefoot thank you very much!).

Now I am building a home keeping binder. Simply put it is a tool, inexpensive to create, to help me track what I do during the 24 hours a day God gives me. I am positive I can make better use of my time than I have been, and this is a step in overcoming my habit of staring at walls wondering where to begin the next thing. It will also house favorite recipes, and a price book, as well as a small pad of addresses (like for my son in boot!) So I can shoot of a note in a flash. I do not have small children and do not home school and so I KNOW I have much wasted time staring at the walls.

Well dear hearts it is now 1130 here in TX and my mind is fuzzy and so I will say good night and try to think of something nice and not to shocking to say tomorrow!

Hugs

mel

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger ~Kayla~ said…

    Thank you for this Mel! I love it and it will become part of my daily reading. I love you my Sister in Christ! HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home